Incorrect or missing information? Install SABnzbd for macOS
The official App
If you just want to use SABnzbd, we provide a packaged application (64bit-only) available here.
Pick the right folder for your macOS version and drag SABnzbd to the Applications folder.
How to run from sources on macOS
Running the source python (.py) files on a macOS system is not recommended unless you want to try the latest GitHub copy, or make changes yourself.
- Get a local copy (clone) of the SABnzbd source by running in the Terminal:
git clone https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.git cd sabnzbd
- Install the depenencies by running (might require Xcode):
python3 -m pip install -U -r requirements.txt
- Start SABnzbd by running:
Your default web browser should now start and show the user interface of SABnzbd.
To update the source files to the latest version, open Terminal and run:
cd sabnzbd git pull
Running from Terminal
Since the "-d" option of SABnzbd is not working under Leopard, we need to create a daemon environment. This can easily be done by running the command in screen. This also adds running at a low priority so that it willl affect system performance less. The final command looks like this (provided that SABnzbd is still on your desktop):
- screen -m -d: starts the command in a detached screen.
- nice -n 20: starts the command with the lowest processor priority.
- SABnzbd.py -b 0: starts the SABnzbd without autostarting your browser.
Start SABnzbd at boottime
Run this script in crontab periodically, so that SABnzb+ is started at boottime and will be kept running.
Should you ever need to run the compiled app from Terminal, this is the way:
If you need to see the logging output directly tro the console: