Incorrect or missing information? Install SABnzbd for Windows from source
Running the source python (.py) files on a Windows system is not recommended unless you want to try the latest GitHub copy, or make changes yourself.
- Install Python 3.7 or above from Python.org
- Install Git for Windows on your system. Defaults options are OK
- Get a local copy (clone) of the SABnzbd source by opening Git Bash from the start menu and running:
Press "Insert" instead of "Ctrl+V" to paste into Git Bash.
git clone https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.git
You can specify the target directory as a second argument if you don’t want it in the default location (
- To enable multi-language support type in the Git Bash you still have open:
cd sabnzbd python tools/make_mo.py
- Open a Command Prompt or Git Bash and navigate to the location of the Git clone, run:
pip install -U -r requirements.txt
- You can start SABnzbd by running in the Command Prompt or Git Bash:
To update the source files to the latest version, open Git Bash and type:
cd sabnzbd git pull
Optional (not show the DOS command line when SABnzbd is launched):
- Create a
.cmdfile to easily launch SABnzbd such as:
- Put a shortcut to the .cmd file in your startup folder, and set it to start as minimized.