Giganews special deals
Supernews special deals
Incorrect or missing information? How to make a portable installation
Only for Windows
Portable means that you can:
- Have an installation on an external medium (USB-harddisk).
- You can plug in to any PC as is.
- You don't need to install anything on the PC.
- You don't need to change the setup.
All you need to do is:
- Create a folder for SABnzbd to put its data.
- Make sure that all directories are relative paths starting from the directory where the INI file is.
- Tell SABnzbd where the INI file is, using the
-fparameter. If left empty, the default location will be used on each system.
0.0.0.0as the web server address.
- Choose a port number that is free on all systems (
8088is good choice)
The easiest way is to use the
portable.cmd script included with SABnzbd:
portable.cmd -s 127.0.0.1:8080 -f path/to/sabnzbd.ini
8080 with a correct port number for the particular PC.
-s parameter is just a one time requirement.
You may encounter software firewalls which you will have to teach about SABnzbd.
SABnzbd has two types of Internet access: port 119 or 563 for communicating with the Usenet server and port 8080 (or whatever else you choose) to communicate with the web browser.