Incorrect or missing information? Install SABnzbd for macOS
The official App
If you just want to use SABnzbd, we provide a packaged application (x86-only) available here.
Pick the right folder for your macOS version and drag SABnzbd to the Applications folder.
How to run from sources on macOS
If for some reason you don't want to use the app, you can install from source.
- Download and Install: GCC compiler from the XCode installer.
pip, if it's not already installed, by running:
sudo easy_install pip
sudo, if you have the right permissions)
- Install the depenencies by running:
sudo pip install cheetah sudo pip install cryptography sudo pip install sabyenc
- Finally, download the source code, unpack into any folder (e.g. ~/SABnzbd).
Don't compile or anything, just run from source:
cd SABnzbd/ ./SABnzbd.py
Your default web browser should now start and show the user interface of SABnzbd.
Running from Terminal1
Since the "-d" option of SABnzbd+ is not working under Leopard, we need to create a daemon environment. This can easily be done by running the command in screen. This also adds running at a low priority so that it willl affect system performance less. The final command looks like this (provided that SABnzbd+ is still on your desktop):
cd SABnzbd/ /usr/bin/screen -m -d /usr/bin/nice -n 20 ~/SABnzbd/SABnzbd.py -b 0
- screen -m -d: starts the command in a detached screen.
- nice -n 20: starts the command with the lowest processor priority.
- SABnzbd.py -b 0: starts the SABnzbd+ without autostarting your browser.
Start SABnzbd+ at boottime
Run this script in crontab periodically, so that SABnzb+ is started at boottime and will be kept running.
#!/bin/bash active=$(/bin/ps aux | grep -v grep | grep SABnzbd.py) if [ "$active" = "" ] then /usr/bin/screen -m -d /usr/bin/nice -n 20 ~/SABnzbd/SABnzbd.py -b 0 fi