Incorrect or missing information? Categories
You can download the most recent stable version (SABnzbd 4.0.1) on our downloads page.
User-defined categories allow precise control over groups of downloads. When added to the queue, downloads can be placed in the appropriate category automatically depending on your settings. The download's category may also be manually applied later.
Properties that may be set for a category, as desired:
- What priority to give them. Note that jobs with "Force" priority will ignore the paused state of the queue.
- How the file should be processed (see Job Options).
- The user-script to execute after the download (Scripts folders defined in Folders).
- The Folder or full path for final storage (relative folders are based of your complete folder, full paths are also allowed).
Ending the path with an asterisk
*will prevent creation of job folders.
NOTE Each row has its own save button. Remember to hit Save after each category change!
Categories are applied:
- When the indexer category tag or newsgroup of the download matches the field for that category.
- When the indexer category tag starts with one of your categories.
- When an RSS feed specifically applies a particular category.
- When added via the Watched Folder using special file or folder name.
- When a download gets added via the API that also specifies a category.
Indexer tag or Group field
By default, downloads are automatically categorized by the indexer providing a category inside the nzb or the newsgroup in which the job is located (i.e.,
alt.binaries.teevee). Categories can be re-ordered to set the order in which matching should happen. For example this way you can put
Movies > 4K in a special category and the rest of the movies in a categories with just the indexer tag
Basic wildcards are supported. For example, some indexers uses sub-categories like
TV > HD. Instead of listing all possible categories, you may simply use
TV*. The same applies to newsgroups (i.e.,