Incorrect or missing information? Categories
You can download the most recent stable version (SABnzbd 2.1) on our downloads page.
User-defined categories allow precise control over groups of downloads. When queued up, downloads will be placed in the appropriate category. The download's category may also be manually applied later, on the queue page.
Properties that may be set for a category, as desired:
- What priority to give them.
- How the file should be processed (see Job Options).
- The user-script to execute after the download (Scripts folders defined in Folders).
- The Folder or full path for final storage (relative folders are based of your complete folder, full paths are also allowed). Ending the path with an asterisk * will prevent creation of job folders.
Categories are applied:
- When the Indexer tag or Group name matches the field for that category or when the Indexer tag starts with one of your categories.
- When an RSS feed specifically applies a particular category.
- When a user changes the category, on the Downloads (main queue) page.
- When a script adds a download via API (i.e., Sonarr, Sickbeard or other projects).
Indexer tag or Group field
By default, downloads are automatically categorized by the Indexer providing the nzb download or by Group being downloaded from (i.e., alt.binaries.teevee).
Categories can be re-ordered to set the order in which matching should happen. For example this way you can put
Movies > 4K in a special category and the rest of the movies in a categorie with just the Indexer tag
- Each row has its own save button. Remember to hit Save after each category change!
- Basic wildcards are supported. For example, some Indexers uses subcategories like TV: HD/x264. Instead of listing all possible categories, you may simple use TV*. This is also possible with the news group being matched as well (i.e., alt.bin*).
- The Watched Folder has support for categories too. This allows you to create a directory named after a category in your watched folder, saving an nzb/zip/rar there will apply that category to it. See the Watched Folder page for more info.
Popular Indexer Examples (see more)
|Site||Category Subcategory||Sab Match Pattern|
|DogNZB||TV Shows*HD||TV* to match all TV or TV Shows*HD to match only the subcat|
|NZBGeek||TV Shows*HD||TV* to match all TV or TV Shows*HD to match only the subcat|
|Nzb.su||TV*SD||TV* to match all TV or TV*SD to match only the subcat|