What is SABnzbd?
SABnzbd is a free/open-source cross-platform binary newsreader written in Python.
It simplifies the process of downloading from Usenet dramatically, thanks to its friendly web-based user interface and advanced built-in post-processing options that automatically verify, repair, extract and clean up posts downloaded from Usenet. SABnzbd also has a fully customizable user interface, and offers a complete API for third-party applications to hook into.
Posted by shypike on February 7th, 2013 at 3:45 pm
Due to an error introduced in 0.7.10, verification of some NZB can seemingly take forever.
In order to support the current wave of oddly named files in NZBs, we changed the way that par2 verification works. Unfortunately, due to an error, all posts are treated this way. That’s OK for your average NZB, but some NZBs contain multiple sets of rar&par files. The bug means that the verification of each set will parse all files, potentially resulting in much longer verification/repair times. This is especially noticeable on slower systems.
The second bug occurs when some (rare) Usenet servers start sending odd articles. SABnzbd handles these as containing valid data. The result can be that downloads are corrupted beyond repair.
The third bug solved was just a nuisance. The Sort functions would not rename files when the RAR where they come from, contains an extra folder level.
Posted by shypike on December 26th, 2011 at 7:32 am
We had a bit of a fight with Mr. Murphy, but here it is: release 0.6.14
Changes compared to release 0.6.10:
- When retrying an URL fetch from History, remove the History entry
- Fix job folder creation by Movie Sort when the Sort expression specifies one
- Fix problem with retrieving ZIP files from some web sites
- Improve detection of encrypted RAR files during download
- When par2 fails and SFV-check enabled, verify using SFV files
- Perform extra checks on job administration
- Fix logging of pre-queue script result
- Better support for Yahoo pipes
- Accept NZB files containing incorrect dates
- Make sure that paths coming from Sorting are normalized for the platform
- Make newzbin “Get bookmarks now” button independent of automatic readout
- Don’t reset watched folder path to default when it doesn’t exist at startup
- OSX: Fix Growl issues
- OSX: Show the promised 10 queue entries in the OSX menu instead of 9
Posted by shypike on September 10th, 2011 at 6:01 am
We just published a new maintenance release, 0.6.9, for the 0.6.x series.
It should be the last one for this series.
Now we concentrate on getting 0.7.0 ready for its first public Alpha.
Posted by shypike on February 20th, 2011 at 4:03 am
We’ve been working on this for a year, during all the 0.5.x releases.
The release test group (with their infinite patience) has been a major contributor for this.
We are very proud on the end result.
- A revamped Plush skin that we now promote as the primary UI
- Repair of failed jobs
- Stability of the queue
- True Windows Service support
- Overhaul of the RSS user interface
Get more details on the Wiki:
Download location: SourceForge.net
Posted by inpheaux on November 21st, 2010 at 3:01 pm
We’d like to thank our dedicated fans for helping us reach this amazing milestone of 2 Million downloads in 3 years!